There is nothing more wonderful on a rainy or cold midwinter’s day than a soothing and rejuvenating cup of tea. Tea has become so popular that it has a special meal time: high tea or afternoon tea. Endless hours of gossip have been spent around tea time. And all those workaholics will vouch for the fact that tea is the best beverage that has let them go on and on while working overtime or long hours.
With so many benefits and advantages, is tea indispensable? Is it possible to think about starting your day with your favourite cuppa? Can tea have a replacement? The answer to these questions is a definite “yes” because MWH presents UNLIKETEA: a herbal infusion minus the caffeine and that which does not belong to Camellia sinensis and related species.
Black tea has several side effects, which have paved the way for herbal infusions. These side effects are listed below:
- Black tea contains caffeine, fluoride, lactic and glucuronic acid, purines, tannins, gallic esters, and xanthine, which are harmful in the long run
- Excessive consumption of caffeine in the form of black tea can lead to insomnia, increase in pulse rate, breathing problems, anxiety and restlessness
- Black tea can lead to skeletal fluorosis because of fluoride content
- Excessive tea consumption can increase the risks of colorectal and esophageal cancer, and can cause diarrhoea, constipation and disturbed stomach because caffeine stimulates your digestive system
In view of the harmful effects of tea, it is easy to see why there is a need for herbal infusions such as UNLIKETEA Rooibos. Besides being a warming, delectable, tasty, caffeine-free, pick-me-up beverage, UNLIKETEA Rooibos has some unique features, which are listed below:
- Rooibos is a medicinal shrub that grows exclusively in the Cederberg mountains in Cape Town, South Africa
- It has low tannic acid content
- It is an excellent source of antioxidants
Now that you have an insight into UNLIKETEA Rooibos, let’s take a closer look at its health benefits:
- Helps reduce nervous tension and stress
- Helps in the prevention of allergies
- Helps reduce digestive disorders, such as indigestion, diarrhoea, and cramps
- Powerful antioxidant that helps improve circulation and lower blood pressure
- Helps prevent some types of cancer by defending cells and DNA from damage
- Helps in the absorption of iron in the body (because it contains less than half of the tannins than that present in black tea)
- Because it is rich in minerals, it helps induce calmness, relaxation, and good sleep
- Energises the body and helps reduce fatigue
In many ways, the benefits derived from UNLIKETEA Rooibos are more than that derived from vitamin supplements. Besides ensuring that you stay well hydrated, this herbal infusion offers benefits similar to aromatherapy. What’s more, you can make it a part of high tea or afternoon tea, and spend hours socialising with your friends and loved ones.