Do you know about the correlation between Omega 3 and pregnancy? If not, no need to worry because that’s exactly what this blog post is about.
What is Omega-3?
Omega-3 fatty acids belong to the group of polyunsaturated fats. They are also known as essential fatty acids because your body requires them in adequate quantities. There are three fatty acids that comprise the Omega-3 group, including ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Because your body cannot produce Omega-3 fatty acids, they need to be included in your diet. Alternatively, you can consume Omega-3 supplements, such as MWH Nourishtra Omega-3, which is arguably the healthiest Omega-3 supplement in the world. Of all the fatty acids, DHA is most important and plays a vital role during pregnancy.
Importance of DHA
DHA, which is found in MWH Nourishtra Omega-3, is vital for brain-eye-heart-foetus development. It improves cognition, promotes sharper vision, and prevents blockage of arteries. Pregnant women and lactating mothers need DHA the most for optimum growth and development of their babies.
Omega-3 and Pregnancy
During pregnancy, the fetus obtains food and vitamins from the mother through the placenta. MWH Nourishtra Omega-3 is a rich source of DHA, which is the building block needed during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
The importance of DHA during pregnancy can be highlighted in a nutshell as follows:
- Offers vital nutrients for the fetus’s neurological development
- Promotes the fetus’s respiratory and cardiac health
- Supports the development of the fetus’s eyes and brain by developing the visual centres
- Enhances cognitive function and learning in children, up to age four
- Increases the child’s attention span
- Enhances the health of pregnant women by reducing the risk of pre-eclampsia and toxemia
- Reduces the risk of premature delivery and pre-term labour
- Crucial for gestation timing and the birth weight of the baby
- Lowers the baby’s chances of getting asthma and several allergies
- Reduces the chances of developing post-partum depression in the mother
- DHA is needed to produce breast milk
Why MWH Nourishtra Omega-3?
The most common source of Omega-3 is fish oil. However, due to the presence of sea contaminants, fish oil contains several cancer-causing agents, such as mercury, lead, and arsenic. Hence, pregnant women should abstain from fish oil. A healthier alternative is MWH Nourishtra Omega-3, which uses organically-grown marine algae as its source. Some of its features are mentioned below:
- Free of fish oil and carcinogens
- Sourced from clinically-proven life’sDHA
- 100% vegetarian
- Free of preservatives
To conclude, we can say that there is a close association between Omega-3 and pregnancy. Omega-3 benefits during pregnancy are varied and multifarious. Therefore, if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant stock up your shelves with MWH Nourishtra Omega-3, which is the best DHA supplement available.