Top 4 FAQs on Over-The-Counter Organic Products Ageing Health / Dietary Supplements / Healthy & Balance / Healthy Living / Mens Health / Womens Health

Over-the-counter (OTC) products are a blessing for many. They prove useful in several situations, especially such as those that require immediate attention. There also exist several health disorders that individuals may feel uncomfortable about consulting a doctor.

Deciding on an OTC product can become a headache. Promising labels such as those claiming to be natural, organic or 100% organic, can raise several questions in one’s mind.What is the difference between organic and natural? What products come under the organic label?

So, here is My Wish Hub Limited (MWH) providing you top 4 FAQs on organic products to clear your queries:

1. What does organic mean?

Food that is produced using environmental and animalfriendly farming methods on organic farms is termed as organic. Its production methods are legallydefined and strictly regulated.

2. What types of products can be certified as organic?

Any organic product that fulfils the certification requirements of National Organic Program can be certified as organic. These products can include foods ranging from fresh produce such as meats, poultry, and bakery products, to canned products and beverages such as juice and milk. Other products such as personal care products can also be included.

3. What is the difference between labels:100% Organic, Organic, and Made with Organic?

There are 4 types of organic labels:

  • 100% Organic:

This means every substance, ingredient, processing aid and food additive is organically-grown and certified. 100% Organic Products show the ingredient list, name and address of the handler (distributor, manufacturer, processor, etc.) of the product, and the seal of the organic certifier.

  • Organic:

Organic products contain at least 95% of organic ingredients. The remaining 5% of the ingredients may be a limitedapproved list of allowed non-organic agricultural ingredients and other additives approved by the USDA National Organic Program. The label also contains an ingredient list that identifies the organic, as well as the non-organic ingredients in the product and the name of the organic certifier.

  • Made with Organic Ingredients:

This seal indicates the product ingredients to be 70- 94% organic. The label must contain an ingredient list that identifies the organic, as well as the non-organic ingredients in the product. It also contains the name of the organic certifier.

  • Products with less than 70% organic ingredients:

Such products can only make an ingredient panel claim, where the organic ingredients are specified on the ingredient panel. These products cannot use the word “organic” on the principal display panel or display any certifier seals.

4. Does “natural” and “organic mean the same?

Natural and organic products do not convey identical meanings. A product is natural when it has been minimallyprocessed or free from synthetic ingredients. Organic products are only those that have been certified by the USDepartment of Agriculture
(USDA) as organic. They fulfil the organic standards of USDA.

Day Healthy by MWH and MWH Live Green are brands that contain organic products. The entire range of Day Healthy Cookies, Nutritional Bars and Cereals, and Live Green dietary supplements are organic. Specific products under Nourishtra and Toppingo are also deemed as organic by USDA.

Explore our titanic range of products at https://www.mywishhub.com/.